Sunday, April 17, 2005

Partying in Ripon

Weeellllllll!!!!

There is something to be said for parties out in the middle of nowhere among the stars the almond trees and the vineyards! And that something is WOW!

My friend/co-worker turned 40 yesterday and we definitely celebrated in style. His brother is the best deejay that I've ever heard! We all danced well into this morning. Luckily most of us had secured rooms in nearby Manteca. I met scores of interesting and fun folks from all over the Bay area. Looks like it may be an interesting summer...I've been invited to go to Reno and there will be monthly Carmona parties well into the fall.

This is the first real party I've been to since last fall. I'm tired of hiding..it's time to get back out and be social again.

I was in a dancing mood and was not disappointed! Awesome music! Thank you, Carlos!
I met several former 3Com employees. Very cool people..

Oh..here's a bit of Manteca trivia for you....Apparently the first settlers actually named it Monteca which means "sweet butter". Well, when the railroad came through, they misspelled the name of the town. So instead of sweet butter, you now have lard. Sighhh! Oh well...It is a nice little town among the groves of almonds and vineyards.

Ok kids, I'm still pretty exhausted and need much more sleep. So, on that note, I will bid you good night!

Lots of love and sweet sleep!

MC

P.S. The doves have decided to live on the patio... It makes me feel good to know that they feel comfortable enough to stay with me. So cool!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gene George said...

DOUGS!

9:44 AM  
Blogger CMC said...

Ripon sounds like the name of a place you go to die.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home