Sunday, July 03, 2005

BBQ and Man Bat Guy

Howdy kids!

I love the 3 day weekends!

I was invited to a block party in Brentwood Saturday for the an early July 4th celebration. I took the long way there to get to know some the roads.

It was really relaxing just to sit and watch all the kids play in the water from the fire plug. We opened it up to cool the street off for the kids and they had a ball! It reminded me of the July 4th picnics that we used to have back home.
We lived out in the country, so there weren't any fire plugs to open, but there were plenty of ponds and creeks to explore. Dad would go back to the woods near the creek with the brush mower and clear off of a spot for us to have our picnic. I'd help Mom with getting the food ready and we'd hop in the car and drive over to creek. We'd hang out, eat and play in the water. We'd try and catch the little crayfish that lived in the creek. We would spent a good share of the time peeling the leaches off of us. My poor little sister was the one that seemed to have the most on her. Those were the days!
Going back to the party....

We gorged ourselves on tons of appetizers, watermelon and meat. My friend's grandmother told me about her motorcycle ride to Hollister. It was the big Hollister run this weekend. She's a pretty wild gal! Lots of fun!

I saw "Batman Begins" today...

Awesome movie! Christian Bale is the best Batman by far. The story was very well written.
I highly recommend seeing it on the big screen.

Well...I know this sounds like something from the Prairie Home Companion....I must be channeling Garrison Keillor. Oh Well!

That's all for now! I've been feeling a bit rough around the edges for the last few days and trying to get rid of a nagging headache. This one is unfortunately work induced and not booze related.

Time for some rest.

Lots of Love and Peace!
MC

4 Comments:

Blogger CMC said...

Yeah, you totally had a Garrison Keillor moment.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Ms Christine said...

Well, you know, I'm allowed one a year!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Gene George said...

Plug is a funny word

9:10 AM  
Blogger Gene George said...

Whoosh. That is the sound of blog tumbleweeds.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home