Monday, July 18, 2005

Another Wino Adventure

Welll...I was going to take landscape pictures from Mt Diablo yesterday, but the road up to the mountain seemed to be closed. Oh well! On the way down the hill, I saw a family of quails that took me by surprise. Oh the babies were sooo cute scurrying across the road! And then, there was a yound deer wandering around the streets of Walnut Creek...Woohoo Wildlife Central!..Soooo, after my first plan backfired ,I did the next best thing...yes! You've all guessed it and this means I'm WAY too predictable... Sighhhh...I found my into the Napa Valley. I'm such a homing pidgeon! Anyway...I decided to take the Silverado Trail all the way around to Calistoga. This trip was a bit more boring than my usual adventures, but that's just fine! I only went to one place yesterday. I found my way to Mumm's Winery. I figured, hey it's Sunday and what goes better with Sunday than sparkling wine! Soo..I get a table and peruse the sampler menu. I chose the Red, White and Blue flight. Yum! Delicious! A bit sweeter than what I usually drink, but it's summer and hot. Mumm's has the first sparkling red wine that I've seen and it's very interesting. It goes well with chocolate and grilled meats. Perfect! The signature sparkling wine (Blue) is very nice and fruity ( the good news about this one...you can get it at Safeway) The "white" was a sweeter sparkling wine that goes well with cheese and desserts. I, of course, bought a bottle of the Red Cuvee. This will be one of the exotic drinks at Vic's party in September.
So, after the little respite at the winery, I decide I need to know what the town of Winters actually looks like. I jumped on the 128 East and head 40 miles into "nowhereland". Oh, there are ranches, a few little stores and a couple of reservoirs on the way to nowhere. I went out aht way more for the winding road than anything! It was lots of fun! I was fascinated by the Spanish moss that was hanging from the trees. Yes, you've read this right. I'm sure it's a variety of Spanish moss. I even stopped for a sample to examine.

I reached Winters after an hour...It's akin to Ripon. It's fairly close to Sacramento.
I turned around at the end of town and headed back to the other side of civilization.
It was a good day!

Time to wander to bed.

Lots of Love!
MC

3 Comments:

Blogger Gene George said...

I thought you said it was a "sweater wine" funny.

8:41 AM  
Blogger CMC said...

Sweater wine would taste like sweaty sheep.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Gene George said...

Bloop.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home